At Shelborne South Beach we are committed to making our website accessible to everyone, which is why we are working diligently to ensure it meets ADA standards, including a level AA conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
While we understand that the current site has its limitations, be assured that we are working to fix them as soon as possible. That said, if you have have come to this page because of a problem you encountered on the site, please do not hesitate in reporting it to us at:
In addition, if you have any suggestions on how to improve this site’s accessibility, we are listening. Your user experience matters to us, and we want to ensure it is as good as it can be.
This accessibility statement applies to all content on www.shelborne.com and all content provided internally at www.shelborne.com. Shelborne South Beach is not responsible for any third-party content on www.shelborne.com.
Please see below for a list of accessible features at Shelborne South Beach:
- We have a total of 10 accessible units. However, only 6 of them are currently in use.
- All 10 of our ADA rooms consists of a King size bed. Only 3 out of the 10 ADA rooms are equipped with a pull-out sofa bed.
- The mattress is lowered to accommodate wheelchair-to-bed transfers.
- The bathroom sinks are also accessible because it allows the wheelchair to rest underneath the sink to provide close proximity to the faucet.
- Door measurement for ADA rooms is 36 inches wide
ADA accessible ramp on the Northwest end of our front entrance.
There is a ramp that exits from our lobby area to the breezeway corridor that leads to our Food & Beverage locations.
At each corner of our front desk contains a accessible counter-top for guests.
The Food & Beverage Department have ADA regulated tables to all restaurant outlets (Shelborne Cafe, Root & Bone, and The Drawing Room).
Upon the guest's request, the front desk has a TTY device available at all times.